-
December 3rd, 2025, 03:33 PM
#1
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: Altec HF driver repair. How to fix an open voice coil.
Ever think going mopar? also i have some boxes by the way
-
December 5th, 2025, 05:22 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: Altec HF driver repair. How to fix an open voice coil.
Did you find plans for the 9846 enclosure?
-
December 7th, 2025, 10:48 PM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: Altec HF driver repair. How to fix an open voice coil.
Come on KHZ the 9846 is worth the build. We have been using ours almost daily since the rebuild
in 2005. They never fail to impress bi-amped in our modest home theater setting.
Glad you guys are still around and hope you stay well... Art
-
January 8th, 2026, 07:08 PM
#4
Junior Hostboard Member
Re: Altec HF driver repair. How to fix an open voice coil.

Originally Posted by
Phil-G
Ever think going mopar? also i have some boxes by the way
Yes, there's a '71 Baracuda with a 340 (auto) down the road under a tarp, been there 15 years, I should go down again and make him an offer, he's had it since '75, plum crazy purple, my fav, but rusty.
Cheers
- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by
Alien_Shore
Did you find plans for the 9846 enclosure?
Yes
- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by
Art J.
Come on KHZ the 9846 is worth the build. We have been using ours almost daily since the rebuild
in 2005. They never fail to impress bi-amped in our modest home theater setting.
Glad you guys are still around and hope you stay well... Art
Thanks Art,
Well the decision has been made to setup a system in the shop so I can try my A7-500s that I've had for 10 years and haven't put power to yet. Yes, the 9846 will get started in the spring, it's too cold here right now to be working in the shop daily, plus I still need to do some organizing. I'm currently building several tube preamps and SET power amps, may even try bi-amping the A7s.
I also need to figure out how to have the BBS send me a notice when I get a reply to my posts, does anyone else have a problem with notifications?
Cheers
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.
Bookmarks